Welcome, Vanillo creator! Thank you for your interest in providing content for our viewers. We appreciate that you chose Vanillo, out of the many video sharing sites out there, to publish your work.
With that out of the way, let's learn how to get started as a creator on Vanillo!
1) Set a banner on your profile
While it's not required, we highly recommend setting a banner on your profile because it's an additional layer of customization and personality to go with your profile that your potential viewers will be drawn to.
To do so:
- Go to your profile by clicking your profile picture in the top right corner, then clicking My Profile, or alternatively, visit the Creator Portal by clicking Creator Portal in the same menu.
- Once you're there, you'll see the default banner for all new profiles sitting just above and in the background of your profile picture and display name. Click anywhere on that banner.
- You will now see the Upload a banner dialog box. Follow its directions to upload a file and to crop your banner to perfection, then click Save to apply the banner.
- There you go! Your new banner will now be visible across Vanillo to anyone who clicks on your profile.
2) Upload your first video
Now that your channel is fully customized, you obviously need some videos to upload! Follow our guide here to upload a video: Upload videos
3) Use the posts feature
The Posts feature allows you to update your followers on anything new about your profile, such as new uploads, or updates regarding content such as delays, calls for help on a project, etc. This is the most effective way to directly communicate with your Vanillo followers. To create a post, simply head to your profile, click the Posts tab, and then write your post in the Create new post box.
It's that easy!
Of course, this is just the beginning. Once your video has been uploaded and processed, you'll want to make sure people see it. While we won't provide any specific directions in this guide, you can promote your videos on many social media sites to draw viewers in, and the Vanillo recommendation algorithm will also help pull impressions, or people who have seen your video's thumbnail and title in their recommendations. While these don't always translate to views, some likely will.
Hopefully this guide has been helpful in getting you started as a creator on Vanillo! If you have any more questions, however, search our knowledge base, and if you cannot find the answer here, then don't be afraid to Tweet or DM us on Twitter @VanilloPR or submit an inquiry to email@example.com.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article